In Puerto Morelos
- THE BEACH!: Puerto Morelos has lots of public beach accesses to our wonderful, white sand beaches. A beach cleaning machine regularly drives by to collect any seagrass or litter, so you’ll find our beaches combed and in great condition! Our reef also blocks big waves making our beach great for families with little ones.
- THE PUERTO MORELOS TOWN SQUARE: The town square (just in front of our office building) is the hub of activity in Puerto Morelos and hosts various events, festivals, and bazaars. Check with our Community Events Calendar to see what’s going on during your stay.
- SPA & MASSAGE: Enjoy the privacy of in-home treatments or the luxury of great spas!
- YA’AX CHE BOTANICAL GARDEN: This Garden has a wonderful collection of the Yucatan Peninsula’s plants and flowers on display and labeled in English, Spanish, and Latin. There is also a nursery, an orchid garden, a reproduction of a chiclero, a Mayan house, and an archeological site. A nature walk through the mangroves makes for excellent bird watching…and occasional monkey sightings. A tree-house lookout also provides an awesome view.
- WATERSPORTS: Diving, Snorkeling, & Fishing!
- CROCOCUN REGIONAL ZOO: Great Zoo features a collection of crocodiles and other indigenous animals. Offers immensely informative tours (available in English) with a private guide for your group and hands-on opportunities to hold baby crocs, pet the reptiles, feed the deer, monkeys, and turtles.
- ECO-ADVENTURE: Zip Lines, Horseback Riding, Jungle and Cenote Tours!
- SHOPPING: Alma Libre English Bookstore, Artisan Shops, Mayan Artists, and much more!
- RESTAURANTS: Attention All Foodies!!! Puerto Morelos may be small, but there is no shortage of great food! There are lots of local places to have great tacos, fish, and yummy Yucatan dishes. You’ll also find lots of great international choices: Asian, Italian, German, Argentinian, and on, and on. You will find a current Restaurant Guide in the Guest Information Book we’ll place in your rental unit.
In Cancun & Along the Mayan Riviera:
- CANCUN HOTEL ZONE: The great city of Cancun is just a 20 minute drive from Puerto Morelos. Cancun’s Hotel Zone and the Downtown area are filled with malls, markets, and tourist activities.
- ISLA MUJERES ISLAND: A ferry can also be taken from Cancun to reach Isla Mujeres Island — Ferry Schedule
- PLAYA DEL CARMEN: Located just 25 minutes south of Puerto Morelos, Playa del Carmen is definitely worth visiting. Its main street, 5th Avenue, is teeming with shops, art galleries, and restaurants. Plan on spending at least one afternoon enjoying the town and having dinner at one of its great restaurants.
- COZUMEL ISLAND: Playa is also the location to ride the ferry to reach Cozumel island — Ferry Schedule
Whether you brought your clubs along or want to rent some for the day, there are many excellent courses in the area! See our Activities Guide for more details!
Mayan Ruins :
- TULUM: About a 1 hour drive south of Puerto Morelos, the Tulum ruins are a beautiful, oceanfront archeological site. People often make a day trip out of Tulum with a trip to Xel-Ha (listed below) after visting the ruins.
- COBA: About a 2 hour drive from Puerto Morelos, this ruin site features an impressively large pyramid. Nearby cenotes makes this a great day trip.
- CHICHEN ITZA: A large and important site in Maya Culture. About a 2 hour drive. Great day trip.
- EK BALAM: A smaller, but beautiful site – about a 1 1/2 hour drive – that makes an excellent day trip along with a visit to nearby colonial town Valladolid for lunch and/or the Chichen Itza ruins.
It’s impossible to list all of the activities found on the Riviera Maya. However, we want to be sure you have the opportunity to fully experience Puerto Morelos and some of the highlights on the coast. We have put together the following Activities Guide which focuses on local activities, as well as some must see/do things along the Mayan Riviera Coast.
Also, our guests enjoy the VIP Concierge Services, with your Concierge at the MRP office. In addition to the excellent tours that they offer, your concierge is happy to help you plan any adventure that you can imagine! Feel free to contact them prior to arrival, to ask them for maps and travel tips while you are here, or use them to help you plan your adventures. Check out our Concierge Services Page for more info!